Discover the History of Old Montreal
Old Montreal is the historic center of Montreal, Quebec, and home to some of the top destinations in the city, including Notre-Dame Basilica and Montreal City Hall.
Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, guests of the Travelodge Montreal Centre will enjoy a central location just minutes from all that Old Montreal has to offer. You will also be treated to a deluxe continental buffet breakfast each morning, complimentary Wi-Fi, and the highest level of customer service.
Old Montreal Points of Interests
With remains going back to the 1600s, there are centuries of history to explore in the neighborhood of Old Montreal. Today, the original site of Montreal is well preserved to protect the many historic points of interest.
- Champs de Mars - a public space located in next to the Montreal City Hall, offering stunning views of downtown and Chinatown.
- Old Port - riverbank with maritime facilities, museums, and recreational activities.
- Notre-Dame Basilica - stunning Catholic basilica featuring beautiful ornamentation.
- DHC/ART - a non-profit contemporary art gallery featuring major exhibitions, public events, and special collaborations.
- Museum Pointe-à-Callière - a museum of history and architecture of the city of Montreal.